Well, Well, Well, here we are at the top of hill. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY. Hmmmmm.....I will admit that I had been down in the dumps about the whole "Over the Hill" approaching. Many whiny texts to friends (mainly Andy) about how fat, old, grey-haired, and wrinkly I have become. It has been a long road to forty, but boy, once I started really thinking about it I have had quite a horrible 39! So ready to get out of this year and celebrate not only a new birthday but a new decade!
Let's just take this last year in review and see just what 39 has brought:
An injured leg that has taken 9 months to heal...(and still is healing....maybe because I am so old?)
- I was not able to complete a full marathon that I dream of finishing!
- I counted over 40 grey hairs and decided it was time to quit counting...ugh.
- Had a muscle spasm in my neck last month - which then pinched a nerve in my neck....good times.
- My dad was super sick and in the hospital...
- I bought plane tickets to see family in the Midwest that cost almost double what I thought they would be... only to find out that my brother will be flying out to Seattle the same week. Really? Maybe we should have met in the middle....South Dakota?
- I have gained 10 pounds and still can't run regularly. Ever heard that song "Baby's Got Back" by Sir Mix A lot?.......
Sooooo..............on that note.....I am READY for 40!!! Bring it on! There is no way that my forties will be as bad as my thirties! I am excited for this new decade, this new adventure, and a new birthday year! Instead of being depressed, I have turned it around...took a deep breath, closed my eyes and am now embracing 40. I still have a lot on my bucket list to get working on and I need to start checking things off! Cheers to the next ten years of love, happiness, health (cross your fingers for that tendon of mine), art, and family!