Finally, Finally, FINALLY got my Jorge Landero painting framed from BELIZE! This may seem like a small feat, but you do not know the whole story. Last year, my best friend (AKA the bald guy) and I backpacked through Belize for two weeks! This beautiful painting was bought a few days after we arrived. The gallery took it off the frame, and rolled it into a cardboard tube. We then proceeded to tie it on to the backpack.....and it went all over the country with us! It even survived a HURRICANE! (That was interesting by the way....you should have seen us trying to tape plastic bags all over it!)
So speaking of Belize....here are some tips and thoughts you might enjoy knowing:
- Never send your laundry to a lady....and mail some clothes back to the States at the same time, everything will get screwed up. (Dan spent 10 days in the same pair of shorts!)
- Did you know you can ride a chicken bus across the country for $9.00?
- Never look a military guy in the eye while in Guatemala, they don't care for that to much.
- If you share a bathroom, it will save you $5.00 and you might even get some hot water! You also get to meet some interesting people!
- Fish around Tobacco Caye do bite....just a little bit.
- Never go snorkeling with me when there are stingrays around, I will climb on your back and freak out.
- Belikin Beer is a buck.
- You too can survive a hurricane, just head inland.....and dance in the rain!
- Come hungry, they have the best food in the world.....johnny cakes, rice and beans, and LOBSTER!
- Wash your camera in the washer a week before the trip, that way you will have to buy a new one....a better one! :D
I have a beautiful painting in my living room to reminisce about Belize! Now, if I can just keep Dan away from it! I know he is going to try to hang it while standing on a milk crate AGAIN! I am off to find an extension ladder!!!!!