Wahoooo! Three day weekend for my family! The kids had a great day off from school today. My daughter took a pottery class at Johnny Picassos in Anacortes and painted a super-rockin' peace sign! Wahoooo! We then proceeded to see an ambulance at Safeway (the kids thought that was amazing, so I thought I would throw that in) did a little shopping and headed to Washington Park! After a super long hike along the rocks, we headed home for some R & R! The weather here today was gorgeous, great day to be outside!! Can't wait for spring! This morning, I was playing around with some mixed media.....I am trying to get my daughter to make some cool mixed-media art to sell at the farmers market. She is so talented! Have you ever thought about making a mixed media painting? It is so easy and fun! What you need:
- Acrylic Paint
- Canvas Board
- Scrap paper (scrapbooking paper works well)
- Mod-Podge Glue
- Whatever else you have laying around the house....I used some pastels and markers
Steps to make it:
- Paint the canvas board a background color
- Take paper...cut, rip-up, and do whatever you want to it, stick it down with the glue.
- Paint or use chalk over the top of it.
- After your collage is finished, cover whole board with Mod-Podge Glue for a nice seal!!! TA-DA....YOU HAVE YOUR FIRST MIXED MEDIA PAINTING!!!!