Wow! I cannot believe it has been a week and I haven't had a chance to blog! What a week! Long and crazy, and so glad it is finally the weekend. Yahooooo! So, now let's get down to business.....here is the deal.....we only live once......so we best make the best of it! Many people have a hard time accepting the fact that we are mortal, and yes, we are going to die....but that is the beauty of life. I have thought a lot about this, we are on this planet for such a short time, why not make the best of it! Do things that make you happy! Do things that you really want to do! Smile, laugh, and enjoy life to it's fullest! I finally have put together my bucket list (which was no small task). At first I had 20 things, but that seemed a little overwhelming, so I cut it back to 10. Here is my list! (and know that I am showing it in front of the world, I better get on it!!!!!) Carla's Bucket List!
1. Build a Tiny Tumbleweed House in Belize.
2. Make Christmas presents for every baby at Tacoma General Hospital's Neonatal Clinic. (my daughter was there for 4 months when she was born.....those little Christmas gifts meant so much to me while we were there, we still have every gift that was given to us during that hard time!)
3. Raise $10,000 in donations for juvenile Diabetes in honor of my mother.
4. Volunteer to help a library in a third world country, teach a child to read.
5. Take my daughter to China! (She has always wanted to go there since the age of 4, she is fascinated with the country, their culture and life!)
6. Walk the Susan G. Komen walk for breast cancer, three days, sixty miles!
7. Backpack through Italy, stay at hostels, only use public transportation, and absorb as much art as possible.
8. Catch a salmon on the Kenai River in Alaska, the salmon has to weigh bigger than me!
9. Vacation in Thailand!
10. Visit the Deep South.....eat crawfish, visit the plantations, and pretend I am Scarlett O' Hara!
Well, there it is!!!! AGH!!!!!!! I sure hope you get to take a few minutes, really think about what you want to do in life, jot some notes down and MAKE A BUCKET LIST! We can all work on them together!!!!!!!!